Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

upgrage to QVS9 SR7 and I got 'Failed to open document for unknown reasons'

Failed to open document for unknown reasons

When I upgrade to SR7(QVS9.0) I got the error in qvws which using secction access. The qvws which is not using section access is works well.

Later I test in other server, which is the same settings as the former server,but installed QVS9.0 7773.9, each qvw opens well. I 've searched the community and get some idears:

1 delete .shared file

2 it is a bug of qv, wait qliktech to save me

3 do nothing and dead

I need your help and the productive system is down now. Thank you very much .

3 Replies
lhr
Employee
Employee

if section access really is the differentiator deleting the .shared-file shouldn't make any difference.

is it NTNAME, USER or something else in the section access?

are you using custom users or plain windows authentication?

cheers

Not applicable
Author

O/S: Environment (32- or 64-bit):   windows 2003 enterprise R2 64-bit
License No: Do not know
Client version:  IE6 IE7

| Server version: 9.0SR7
Publisher version:no | Connector version: no

Also please send us the following information:

- When do you get the error message? (IE Plugin or AJAX?) Get the error in Ajax, after click the qvw file from accesspoint and input the username and password. the error window popup:Failed to open document for unknown reasons

- Do you get the same error message when opening document in QlikView Desktop? No. I use desktop open the qvw correctly. And use another version QVS9.0 7773.9 is also ok.

section access;

replace LOAD [USERID],

[ACCESS],

[PASSWORD],

[prodect8],

[ID],

[RIGHT]

FROM

UserRight.qvd

(qvd) where 1=1;

section application ;

star is * ;
replace LOAD
     [ID],

[DATABEGINDATE] ,
     [DATAENDDATE]FROM
UserRight.qvd(qvd);

replace LOAD

FROM
UserRight.qvd(qvd);

Not applicable
Author

O/S: Environment (32- or 64-bit):   windows 2003 enterprise R2 64-bit
License No: Do not know
Client version:  IE6 IE7

| Server version: 9.0SR7
Publisher version:no | Connector version: no

Also please send us the following information:

- When do you get the error message? (IE Plugin or AJAX?) Get the error in Ajax, after click the qvw file from accesspoint and input the username and password. the error window popup:Failed to open document for unknown reasons

- Do you get the same error message when opening document in QlikView Desktop? No. I use desktop open the qvw correctly. And use another version QVS9.0 7773.9 is also ok.

section access;replace LOAD [USERID],      [ACCESS],      [PASSWORD],      [prodect8],     [ID],     [RIGHT]FROMUserRight.qvd(qvd) where 1=1; section application ;star is * ;replace LOAD      [ID],     [DATABEGINDATE] ,     [DATAENDDATE]FROMUserRight.qvd(qvd);replace LOAD      

FROMUserRight.qvd(qvd);