5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2011 12:30 PM by Stefan Wühl RSS

% of sales comparated with other product...

Hi:

I Want to create a pivot table with two expressions, one for the total sales by product (first dimension) and the second for the % that the product in the current  dimension correspond to other specific Product (in my case Product A).

I have been trying with aggr and with two diferent tables. Im adding my sample project...

Thanks in advance.

ProuductSum(Sales)
      % of respect Prodduct A

Product A100100%
      Product B1010%
      Product C3030%
      Product D1010%
      Product E2020%
        • % of sales comparated with other product...

In my sample I Have only one dimension but i need arround 5 more dimensions... I was trying something like this: aggr(sum({  $<  Producto = {'Prod_2'} > }    Cantidad ),Producto,Mes) and something like this: sum({  $<  Producto = {'Prod_2'} > }    TOTAL Cantidad ), the problem is that doesnt filter the content of the other dimensions...

Hi:

This solution has a strenge use, if I Collapse the dimension asociated to "Product-2" all the calculations in other dimensions are null or 0, if i exapnd it then it works fine...

Do you have any idea to solve this?

Stefan Wühl

It seems that when you collapse the dimension, QV doesn't have the Mes values for that particular product-2 anymore. Don't know why, sometimes I think it's really not well designed.

you could introduce advanced aggregation to overcome this, but then I don't get the subtotals right anymore.

So I came up with a solution which checks for dimensionality and uses either above expression with or without advanced aggegration (Maybe there is a much more simple solution, I don't know):

=if(dimensionality()>1,

aggr(sum(Cantidad) / Sum(total<Mes> {  $<  Producto = {'Prod_2'} > } Cantidad), Producto, Mes),

sum(Cantidad) / Sum(total<Mes> {  $<  Producto = {'Prod_2'} > } Cantidad)

)

The check for dimensionality was designed for the table you attached in your OP, if you add more dimensions, you might need to adjust for that.

Hope this helps,

Stefan