Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Show the table onclick of the values of list box

Hi

Imagine I have a list box which contains the table name. When the user selects anytable of the list box it should display it corresponding records in a table box if the count of its rows > 0. Can someone help me out to achieve this please.

Thanks,

qvforum

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi QVforum

Create a field containing table names, use this as the basis for your list box which you will need to nake sure is set to "always one selected value".

In the conditional show option for each table, use the "only" function to compare the selected table in the field, with the current table name and with the count of rows. This would depend on the expression in the table..... eg:

=only(table_nm_fld) = 'This_table_name' and [some aggregate / of your expression] > 0

Does this help? let me know if it doesn't, or if you would like me to elaborate further. Or better still, give me an example of what is in one of the tables.

Regards,

Erica

rohit214
Creator III
Creator III

hi

please find the attachment

thanks

rohit

Not applicable

Hi Rohit

Unfortunately I only have the trial version of Qlikview so I am unable to view the file. If you are able to supply screeenshots, i might be able to help.

Apologies,

Erica

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Rohit

Thanks for your suggestion. Your solution definately works when we have more same dimension and measure. In your case Dimension: Product and Expression(Measure): Sum(Revenue) is constant throughout. Whereas in my case if you consider, name of the field name and no of fields will vary from table to table.

So if I consider your example, and consider the table name in the list box. Please tell me how I am going pass all the fields of that table in to the chart(Straight or Table box)? That is where the issue is.

Please let me know if you have any confusion or any questions.

Thanks,

qvforum  

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Erica,

Thanks! Your solution did worked. Only issue with the solution which you provided is everytime I need to create the tablebox manually whenever a new table has been added into the list.

Can you provide some solution which works dynamically(automatically). (i,e) Whenever the new table has been added to the list when the user selects the required table in the list box that respective table should be shown. There should not be any need for creating the table box whenever a new table has been added.

Hope my requirement are understandable. If you any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

qvforum