Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Workbench and keeping sessions alive

We have a QlikView workbench application that is using 4 QVW files. We have 4 aspx pages that each access one of the QVW's on the server using QvObjects from workbench. We create a specific ticket for each of the 4 pages the first time that page is referenced.

We need to know how to keep a ticketed QV server session alive when we navigate off that page for 30+ minutes and then come back to it.

For example:

0) User logs into our ASP.NET web application.

1) User goes to page A, and ticket A is issued.

2) All the charts and tables accessed via Workbench QvObjects from QVW A are rendered correctly on page A.

3) User goes to page B, and ticket B is issued.

4) All the charts and tables accessed via Workbench QvObjects from QVW B are rendered correctly on page B.

5) User stays on page B interacting with QvObjects for 10 minutes.

6) User goes back to page A, and all Workbench QVObjects from QVW A are rendered correctly in the state they were left in on page A.

7) User stays on page A interacting with QvObjects for 30+ minutes.

😎 User goes back to page B and the "No Connection" error is displayed, QVS session has timed out, and none of the QvObjects are drawn.

9) Only way to get page B back is to log off and log back on.

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I have never used QV workbench so I do not know if that will be helpful but I already had to deal with keeping sessions alive when accessing a qvw on a server with the QlikView OCX. My solution was to called "Evaluate(1)" at regular interval. Doing something which does not change the document state while still being process on the server-side every few minutes kept the session alive, but I do not know if you have something similar available in the workbench.