Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishnaroopa
Contributor
Contributor

QVD reloading and QVW reloading

Hi

I have a shipments.qvd file. I am loading data from this QVD in shipments.qvw and showing reports.

Now that I have updated the QVD file. But the data updated in QVD is availabe in the QVW file only after I reload it?

How this works? The QVD is updated, where is the old data coming from?

regards

KRS

8 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Krishna,

There is two thing that you have take care of.

The shipment.qvd  is becoming from some QVD Maker . and in that QVD Maker you have it as a incremetanl QVD. whenever this QVD is formed from that QVD Maker then the existing QVD is overwrited by the new QVD.

And in the Shipment.qvw you only have to reload that application and it will automatically has the whole refreshed data.

hope this will clarify your doubt.

Regards,

Nitin Jain

krishnaroopa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry.. May be my question is not clear. I have reloaded the QVD file and it has new set of data.

Say initially I had November data, now the QVD is updated with December data.

In the QVW file, I viewed November data and did not reload. So, still I am able to see the November data only. I am not clear where the data comes from?

Since the QVD now has December data.

Regards

KRS

Not applicable

Does this shipment.qvd is prepared from shipment.qvw

And you are seeing the data at the shipment.qvw

Please clarify me on this.

Regards,

Nitin Jain

krishnaroopa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

No. Shipment.QVD is loaded using ShipmentLoader.QVW and I am seeing old data in shipments.qvw

Regards

KRS

Not applicable

Once the QVD is refreshed you have to reload the application(shipments.qvw) which is taking data from the QVD. Then only you will be able to see November and December data

Not applicable

Then you have reload the Shipment.qvw file also.

Because you have created the new QVD which contains the December Data.

"Once the .qvw file load the data from the data source then it doesn't need that datasource. But if there is some modification in that datasource then we have to again reload that .qvw file"

Regards,

Nitin Jain

krishnaroopa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes. I know that we need to reload. But between QVD and QVW, is the data stored again somewhere else?

I have huge data, the QVD file size is 400 MB, but QVW is 5 MB

Regards

KRS

Not applicable

Yes the data is stored within the QVW application in binary format. To verify if the new data is loaded check SUM of any numeric values in your data in QVW applications (for December ) against the data in QVD.. If it matches then QVW has reloaded with December data