14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2011 8:42 AM by Dimitri Pietersz RSS

Different results from same load-string?

Hello,

I have developed a dashboard for our company. However, I am encountering the following problem.

There is data coming from our company in Argentina. This data is located in 1 file, called "Argentina - New 2011 All Data.xls".

We also have a budget for next year, which is located in another file, called "Budget AR 2012".

There is a product we sold this year, which we will also sell in next year. This means it is in both files. Now here's a little part from the files:

QV Comparison.png

As you can see, the number and the name are exactly the same in both files.

The lay-out for the cells are also the same ('Number' for the Product_number and 'General' for the Product_name).

I tie these to fields together in my script, adding a " - " in between and calling the filed [Material - Code & Name].

So you would get: "210794001205467 - PERSOFTAL L 1000KG."

Now I load these two files into Qlikview. Both files are loaded seperatly, and are concatenated seperatly into another table, like this:

(This is the table from our main office, which also contains products, different from the Argentina ones)
      Product_7:
      LOAD %MaterialNumber_Key, 
           [Material - Code & Name], 
           [Material Name], 
           [Line Desc 1]
      FROM
      MAKT_MaterialDescriptions_P60.qvd
      (qvd);

(This is the table containing the 2011 data from Argentina)
      //LE Concatenation
      Concatenate (Product_7)
      LOAD
      %MaterialNumber_Key,
      [Material - Code & Name],
      [Material Name]
      Resident ArgentinaTest; 

(This is the table containing the 2012 budget data from Argentina) 
      //LE Budget Concatenate
      Concatenate (Product_7)
      Load
      %MaterialNumber_Key,
      [Material - Code & Name]
      Resident Budget_LE;

Now if I tell Qlikview to show me a list box of the [Material - Code & Name] field and look for the product from Argentina, it shows me this:

QV Persoftal Problem.png

As you can see, it is loaded into Qlikview 2 times, with a different number each time.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

I hope I explained it clear enough, if anyone has any questions, please ask!

Thanks in advance!