Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alert to Use User preferences to send mail

Preference.bmp

Hi Guys

I am trying to use an Alert to fire off an email,

Can anyone advise what info I need to put in the above screen , I assume this is how it links to my mail, to the best of my knowledge my work mail fires off a database and not a server.

Havent got a clue about this would really appreciate some help

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Sender name and address are arbitrary. Server Address = your SMTP server. Username and password are the usual SMTP username and password. Take a look at your Outlook settings and just copy it from there. If you have Exchange, ping your email administrator and ask him what you should enter instead of an SMTP server.

Regards,

Vlad

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Sender name and address are arbitrary. Server Address = your SMTP server. Username and password are the usual SMTP username and password. Take a look at your Outlook settings and just copy it from there. If you have Exchange, ping your email administrator and ask him what you should enter instead of an SMTP server.

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Vlad

I got the mail to fire based on the alert ,

Do you know if it is possible to attach a chart to this mail ?

Thanks

A

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I don't think that's possible, no.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vlad

I could use the alert as a reminder for me to send a mail,

Is it possible to write a macro that exports a Chart to Excel then attaches to mail.

I have one that I use in EXcle ,  creates a mail and attaches the Excel Doc and sends it to whomever, could you help me edit this for Qlikview at all ??

I really dont know

Thanks

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I'm sorry, that sounds like a bit too much work for a forum, sounds more like a consulting project...