Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IF statement in expression

Hi everybody,

I have a question using a IF statement in an expression. I'm not sure this is a possible way or even the best way, but after 2 days trying and failing, the time has come to search for expert help.

The case is; In my QlickView I have one row of measurements given from our customers. The name of this row is "Height".

In row 2 I have information of what the height really was after a controll measurement done by my colleagues. The name of this row is “RealHeight”.On top of that, I have a row with tolerances, based on the type of packaging.  The names of those two rows are “Tolerances” and “Packaging”.

I want to make a check if the given “Height” from our customers is inside or outside the measurement done by our colleagues +/- the tolerance by setting 1 when the height is outside the tolerances and 0 when it is inside the tolerances.

I’ve tried this IF-statement, but it doesn’t give me the expected result.

SUM(IF((RealHeight + Tolerances) > Height, 0,

IF((RealHeight -Tolerances)< Height, 0, 1)))

Any ideas?

4 Replies
jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

try adding more brackets.

SUM(IF(((RealHeight + Tolerances) > Height), 0,

IF(((RealHeight -Tolerances)< Height), 0, 1)))

Does this help?

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, the result is the same.

Thanks anyway.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try this

IF(Sum(RealHeight + Tolerances) > Sum(Height), 0,

IF(Sum(RealHeight -Tolerances)< Sum(Height), 0, 1)))

Not applicable
Author

The result appears to be the same.

If I run this statement alone, I've got an correct count for all products outside the maximum tolerances:

IF(Sum(RealHeight + Tolerances) > Sum(Height), 0, 1)

but the combination between maximum tolerances and minimum tolerances would not work.