Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Prevent column(s) to collapse within a pivot table

Hi,

From what I understand the pivot is useful only is you make use of one hierarchy (ex: Time, with Year / Month / Week)

So you will expand a Year, to get the different months, and etc.

But what if you need to add an extra hierarchy in the pivot (ex Customer, with CustGroup / CustSubGroup / Customer)

How do you make sure that this 2nd hierarchy is independant from the 1st one, and that when you collapse Year, Month or Week, it does not affect the layout of the hierarchy Customer (It is still diplayed, with no collapse)?

I tried to make use of "Drill-down Group", but it does not answer my requirement, as children do net get expanded into a new column

I tried to use the option "Always Fully Expanded", but it gets applied to the whole table and not a proper column.

Result which is close to my requirement is to move the 3 dimension from my hierarchy Customer, into columns. Problem is that I want both hierarchy to be in rows.

Any help?

I would help me if the option "Always Fully Expanded" was available for a particular column.

Thanks,

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Old topic, but I think it's still not possible in Qlikview to start a pivot table with multiple dimensions not collapsable. My example is that I want a pivot table with dimension columns employeename, job function and mobile number uncollapsed and than drill down on cost per year, month, category, etc. And I don't want one combined column.

Margaret
Creator II
Creator II

Yes, I'd like to know if this capability has been added.