Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Get document name and server indicator

Hi all,

Does anybody have an idea if it is possible to get the name your qvw document (either with a function of in a vb script) during reload?

Furthermore I would like to know whether my reload is initiated by the server scheduler or in the foreground by a user. Would that be possible?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Rob,

retrieving the document name should be easy, try something from:

DocumentName( )

Returns a string containing the name of the current QlikView document, without path but with extension.

DocumentPath( )

Returns a string containing the full path to the current QlikView document.

DocumentTitle( )

Returns a string containing the title of the current QlikView document.

I don't know a way to get the reload trigger information from within the script execution, maybe you can use a task  in the server to write a flag file before reoloading or something like that and check for the file in the script.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Rob,

retrieving the document name should be easy, try something from:

DocumentName( )

Returns a string containing the name of the current QlikView document, without path but with extension.

DocumentPath( )

Returns a string containing the full path to the current QlikView document.

DocumentTitle( )

Returns a string containing the title of the current QlikView document.

I don't know a way to get the reload trigger information from within the script execution, maybe you can use a task  in the server to write a flag file before reoloading or something like that and check for the file in the script.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

>Furthermore I would like to know whether my reload is initiated by the server scheduler or in the foreground by a user. >Would that be possible?

I have  faked this test in the past by testing the ComputerName() or OsUser() function. If it's the server name or server userid, I assume it's a server reload.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks a lot.. exactly what I was looking for.