Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Display in sheets

Hi All,

I have requirement is like in my report i have some sheets from those am dispplaying some sheets with conditional display and i have 2  sheets (Intro,Howto) for these 2 sheets dnot require conditional display. From this file whenever if i  click sheet1,sheet2.....etc respective sheet sholud disaply but  if i  click any of the sheet from list box  its taking me to directly intro sheet. How to fix this......i have attached sample file here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

It's not moving, your Sheet1 is activated and visibile on the position that you created it. If you want it to be displayed after the how-to tab, you need to move / promote your sheet once with the appropriate menu command. See attached.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You could use a trigger on changes on field A with an layout action of type acitvate sheet. See attached.

Not applicable
Author

HI swuehl thnx for replay its perfectly working for sheet2,sheet3 but for sheet1 its again moving just have look it and

where do i change/apply triggers and any more changes in sheet.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

It's not moving, your Sheet1 is activated and visibile on the position that you created it. If you want it to be displayed after the how-to tab, you need to move / promote your sheet once with the appropriate menu command. See attached.

Not applicable
Author

yes yes...now its working perfectly......thnx swuehl but where i have to apply this triggers and all could you please explain it beacuse am not getting how to do this....

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Go to Settings - document properties - triggers.

There are two actions (identically) set on Field Event Triggers for field A (OnSelect / OnChange).

Note that I renamed the sheet IDs of those sheets to be identically with your Field A values, so I can just use =A as expression for the activate sheet action (See sheet properties - general tab).

Not applicable
Author

Thanx very much swuehl now every thing is perfect....

Not applicable
Author

swuehl one problem here in my live application it is not working i have tried this agian with a test file there its working.....

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hm, hard to tell from the distance. Have you checked that the sheet IDs are correctly referenced?

Not applicable
Author

Yes i got the problem here actually it is working for

=='Sheet1'

=='Sheet2' 

But am having a tree structure like

=='Sheet1/Sheet12'

=='Sheet1/Sheet12/Sheet123'  ...etc

Sheet12,Sheet123 are nested sheets under Sheet1 for these nested sheets it is not working . How to do for nested sheets.....