Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with Named user cals & releasing them

We have 20 NAMED USER CALS  and another 20 DOCUMENT CALS.

First of all. I created a report and assigned a user to it (assigned 1 document CAL to it).

Yet if i let that user logon through the ACCESS POINT.

That user is still taking a NAMED CAL. So what's the use of the DOC cal then?

Second: There are 25 users logging on via the ACCESS POINT.

All 25 can see all documents, as we only have 20 Named user cals, I tried to manually delete some licenses awarded to users that were logged on this morning. Yet when you delete a Named cal, you have to wait 24 hours untill someone else can take that Named Cal (and logon to the ACCESS POINT).

is there a possibility to change this parameter (value) for this somewhere in the Qlikview Server configuration?

Instead of 24 hours, change it to 6 for example?

Regards

FRED

1 Reply
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

With regard to Point 2; I understand that the whole point of having the 24hr quarantine is to stop the swift re-use of CALs. If it were possible you could get away with only having a fraction of CALs to support a wide user base which of course equals less licence revenue for Qliktech.

As for Point 1 it could be due to the fact that you have 'Dynamic CAL Assignment' checked in the General Server Settings or the User has been manually assigned a Named CAL. As far as I remmeber the way Qlikview Server works when checking CALs is first to check if the User is Named, if not it then tries to assign a Named CAL if its allowed if not it cascades down to Doc CALs. If you remove the Dynamic CAL assignment that should sort it.

Note - this isn't the 'Allow Dynamic CAL Assignment' chceckbox under the CAL tab for individual .qvw's.

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

@QlikviewBI