4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2012 5:54 AM by janulrich RSS

Help-System for QlikView Documents

Hello,

I am trying  to introduce a help system in my QlikView-Documents.

In best case the enduser should be able to open Help-Popups with short descriptions by hovering over the displayed elements.

Even for every value-type or column-description in a table a help message should popup on hover.

First I want to ask if its possible to show popupmessages in QlikView (per macro) and if its possible to get the text, which a popup contains, by reading it out of a (text-)file.

Best Regards,

JanUlrich

• Help-System for QlikView Documents
          Vijay Kumar

Hi,

You dont need any macro for this. You can go to Properties---->Caption---->  At right bottom yopu can see help. You can write help text here and it will show as pop up when u click on ? sign on object.

• Help-System for QlikView Documents

Thank you Vijay Singh,

this helps, but not completely solves the problem.

I dont want to manually edit the help text for each field. I want to get the text for each popup out of a central file.

Many Users can edit this file and create topics and help texts to the charts in the QlikView-Documents. If there is a way to read data out of a file and show it in a dialog or popup, please tell me.

If this doesnt work: there maybe could be other ways to implement a help system in the qvw-files. For example by replacing the QlikView help (the F1 help) with a personal help-file/text.

Can anyone give me some information about this?