5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2012 8:17 AM by Edgar Kech RSS

How can we find the QVD Creater file path/source?

Shubham Kumar

Hi,

Is there any way to know the QVD file source ( means from where it is got generated ) while seeing the only QVD file.

Best Regards,

Shubham

• How can we find the QVD Creater file path/source?
          Edgar Kech

I think this isn't possible - at least 'out-of-the-box'.

But it would be easy to integrate some lines of code to the QVD-Creator-script which fill in the desired 'meta-information' into the QVDs as separate fields ( e.g. source-path, creation-time, creator-script, ...) or as a separate 'Meta-QVD'.

Greetings,

Edgar

Shubham Kumar

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for your reply. But sorry to say that I didn't get your second part of answer. Will that be helping us to know the path of origin of QVD creator.

Thanks & Regards,

Shubham

Edgar Kech

Hi Shubham,

for now, if you get your QVD from 'somewhere', it isn't possible to find out about its origin.

My proposal is only for the future creation of QVDs in a company.

In this scenario you would use QVD-Creators which add your required 'Metadata' automatically to every created QVD (or create an extra 'Meta-QVD' besides the 'normal' QVD).

If I had to build such a QVD-Creator, I would include fields for sourcedocument, sourcetype, sourcepath, name of creator-script, date of creation, QVD originally stored to path.

This also means, that your QVDs will be a bit bigger as you have your Meta-information per record.

Hope this helps.

Edgar