Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart displays behind minimised charts when worksheet is opened

Since I installed QlikView personal Edition on my new Windows 7 laptop I have this problem when I open a worksheet.

I have a number of charts which stack on top of one another in the top right corner of the worksheet. The problem is that when I open the worksheet, the chart which was displayed when the sheet is saved displays behind the other minimised charts.

Its a minor issue I know but I was wondering if there was a way to fix this. I have all the charts set to auto minimise, allow minimise and the layer is set to normal. I have attached a screen of how this looks when the work sheet is opened.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

Within the Document Properties, try doing an OnOpen trigger.  Add Action, Layout - Restore Object.  Call the object you would like on top.

OR

Since these objects are auto-minimized, change the layout of this chart to be on top.

Thanks,

Dan

View solution in original post

11 Replies
jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Have you tried takin a look at the layer properties in the layout tab?

Not applicable
Author

Yea...as I said in the initial question

"...I have all the charts set to auto minimise, allow minimise and the layer is set to normal"

This only started after I upgraded to 64bit on Windows 7 I have also applied SR4 for 64Bit.

I also have this in newly created worksheets and not just the ones that where upgraded.

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

Within the Document Properties, try doing an OnOpen trigger.  Add Action, Layout - Restore Object.  Call the object you would like on top.

OR

Since these objects are auto-minimized, change the layout of this chart to be on top.

Thanks,

Dan

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

Actually, with the way you have your charts layed out, the second option I mentioned will not work in this case.  (When minimized, this chart will remain on top.) It is kind of unconventional to have your charts overlay other objects.  Just sayin'.

Thanks,

Dan

Not applicable
Author

You are right about the second option as any one of the charts could be the last one I have open.

Using the OnOpen Trigger works well....I set a trigger for each chart to mininise when the worksheet opens and while it maybe a little unusual it is now working like it used to.

Thanks for the advice.

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

I wouldn't think that it would be necessary to have a trigger that minimizes each chart.  The restore should make the other objects auto-minimize.

Glad I could help!

Dan

Not applicable
Author

Dan

Ahhh..ok I should have read your initial suggestion a bit more closely.

Mark Boomer

SupportLine Manager

Micro Focus

mark.boomer@microfocus.com <mailto:mark.boomer@microfocus.com>

Micro Focus House,

2 East Bridge Street

Belfast BT1 3NK,

Northern Ireland

Direct: +44 (0)2890 260035

Mobile:

Fax:

Not applicable
Author

Dan

I tried the restore of the chart but it doesn’t work. The chart still restores behind the minimized charts.

I know it’s a little extra work to minimize each chart on startup but it makes the display less messy so I’ll stick with that as the solution.

Thanks again for pointing me to the triggers I hadn’t looked at this feature before and I’m sure they will be useful in the future.

Mark Boomer

SupportLine Manager

Micro Focus

mark.boomer@microfocus.com <mailto:mark.boomer@microfocus.com>

Micro Focus House,

2 East Bridge Street

Belfast BT1 3NK,

Northern Ireland

Direct: +44 (0)2890 260035

Mobile:

Fax:

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

How about if you use the Layout – Activate Object action within the triggers?

Thanks,

Dan