5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2012 8:28 AM by Miguel Angel Baeyens de Arce RSS

    OrphanedTasks Hanging on ReloadEngine

      Hi,

       

      I have done the following:

       

      1) Disabled a series of tasks on ReloadEngine.

      2) Moved the documents to another folder.

      3) Rescheduled the documents to be reloaded automatically and periodically.

       

      For the new documents (the old documents moved to new folders) the reloading takes place normally, as expected.

       

      On the other hand, I see the previously defined scheduled tasks still in the list of Reload Engine as disabled. I would expect these to disappear somehow, since the corresponding documents do not exist in the original folders.

       

      Can anyone tell me how can I remove these orphaned entries in ReloadEngine?

       

      I hope my question is clear

       

      Thanks in advance

      Panayotis

        • OrphanedTasks Hanging on ReloadEngine
          Miguel Angel Baeyens de Arce

          Hi Panayotis,

           

          You need to set the task to None (in case of reloads) and leave them either enabled or disabled. If you disable a task that is scheduled say hourly, that orphaned task may appear. Is that the case?

           

          You can anyway delete those tasks using the QEMC, Documents, Source Documents, expand your server, expand the Orphaned directory.

           

          Hope that helps.

           

          Miguel

            • OrphanedTasks Hanging on ReloadEngine

              I do not think that you answer is applicable to my case. Let me explain a little bit more and give some screen shots.

               

              reload-tasks-problem-disabled-tasks.png

              As I show in the above picture: the problem is with the tasks in red rectangle. They no longer have a corresponding document. See the documents picture:

               

              reload-tasks-problem-disabled-tasks-documents-on-server.png

               

              Can you see that the properly running non-disabled tasks correspond to existing documents in server folders but the disabled tasks (red rectangle) correspond to nothing?

               

              And the question is how do I remove them? Is my problem clear?

                • OrphanedTasks Hanging on ReloadEngine
                  Miguel Angel Baeyens de Arce

                  Hi Panayotis,

                   

                  I was assuming wrongly that you were using Publisher tasks.

                   

                  You need, as I mentioned above to restore those files to the folder they were, and instead of just disabling the task, set it to "None" in the Documents tab to remove completely. A task that is only disabled (the Enabled unchecked), is still a task, but for any reasons should not be executed. When the task is set to None, is when it is actually removed and you will see how in the Tasks tab in the QEMC they no longer appear.

                   

                  Hope that helps.

                   

                  Miguel

                  • Re: OrphanedTasks Hanging on ReloadEngine

                    Well.. I did a workaround.

                     

                    I created dummy documents inside the folder where the documents should exist according to ReloadEngine. Then these documents appeared in the QEMC Documents panel, I put the reload to "None", then they disappear from the ReloadEngine. Then I deleted the dummy documents.

                     

                    Thanks for you help. You gave me a hint. I will consider your answer helpful.

                     

                    Panayotis

                    (While posting my answer I then saw that you answered the same way that I finally worked around my problem. Hence, I will consider your answer as the Correct One).