Thanks! I'm appearantly not so sharp at the end of the day. lol But
you are right! It should have been 'PR_' instead of 'PL'_.
On donderdag 2 februari 2012 at 6:20 PM, swuehl wrote:
Re: something wrong with my if expression created by
swuehl in Development (QlikView Desktop) - View the full discussion
I find that too many functions and subfunctions can confuse me so I will generally turn to the Preceeding Load to do this type of thing:
if(Left(OrderNo, 2)=27, 'True', 'False') As Is27,
SubField(filename, '_', 5) as OrderNo,
FileName() as filename
(txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq);
Note that I have used the SubField function to extract the OrderNo - I think that it is a better method if the filename has a fixed structure like this.