9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2012 1:00 AM by Deepak Kurup RSS

Can Personal Edition connect to SQL server?

We have Microsoft Dynamics NAV running on a SQL server. Can Personal Edition connect to the SQL server to retrieve data directly without having me having to import into Excel first?

• Can Personal Edition connect to SQL server?

Ok, I found it under File > Edit Script > select OLE DB under Database, Connect and select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server.

However, when I attempt to create a new document, it prompts for excel file to open! When I insert new object, the fields are blank. What do I do next?

Deepak Kurup

hi,

Use the connect button to create a connection. Once the connection is done a string similar to below will be displayed.

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=123221;Data Source=232;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Workstation ID=LSHKWMTRS01;Use Encryption for Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False];

If there is no string , then it mean you have not connected.  if the string appears.

write  Select * from table (specifiy your tablename).  and Press Ctrl+R for relaod.

Or

Select the the Select button below connect to manually select table from the list.

I hope this helps.

Deepak

Deepak Kurup

hi ,

Yes you can connect any Database using Personal Edition. There is no limitation in Personal edition in terms of development.

you can do all the development activities as same as a licenses version can do.

The limitation with personal edition  that you cannot access documents created by other users.

Deepak