So, the issue is related to the application itself.
That's strange because, we've tried to update it several times starting from 8.x ver. up to the current, but the issue exists and the monitoring software was installed all the time.
Anyway, I'm gonna contact QV support in the morning on the Monday, but, nevertheless, could you please through a light on the root cause of this issue? What cause an app to behave in such a way?
Thx a lot.
Yes, take a look here: http://community.qlik.com/message/182654#182654
You can do "-prj" trick to conver the document which is causing issue. You can narrow down culprit document:
- by looking into QVS log file
- by opening all access point folder documents in v11 client and reload + saving them
- Taking all the QVWs out of the published folder and moving them one by one and doing a server reload
- Create a folder with <app name>-prj name under the same directory as in QVW file
- Open QVW file with v10 client, and save the document
- Now open the QVW by v11 client and save it
- Delete the -prj folder
- Put fixed QVW in published folder and do a server reload
You would need both v10 and v11 clients so you can load v11 client on the server and v10 client on your laptop, and access files over the network folder / share.
Did you ever come to a resolution to this issue. We are having the same issue here where the Server hangs and then is forced to restart on a daily basis. During the 10-15 minutes of hanging, the Server CPU goes crazy.
Also we get an error message from reloads stating the following 'Exception=System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond' when this issue occurs.
Any help on this would be greatly apprieciated.