Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use of personal edition

I have a personal edition (x64) installed on a comuter A. It is working fine.

I have just installed the personal edition (x86) on a second compter, and it is not working properly :

- I open QlikView

- I create a new file

- I save and close it

- Then I try to reopen it (on the same computer, with the same login), and I get a message explaining that the file was created by someone else and that I can not use it anymore with the personal edition.

Could you please tell me how to solve this problem ?

Thank you in advance,

Pierrick

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Check with your registry after uninstalling it or may use registry cleaner.

Check with the installed location after uninstalling whether all the files get deleted.

Check the below paths whether it has any folders or files related to qlikview if so then delete it.

C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Local Settings\Application Data\

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\

Celambarasan

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Normally that doesn't happen, but guess there's a problem with your x86 QV Personal Edition.

You should probably try navigating to QV-->Help-->License Update

or just hit the QlikView Update option in the same menu.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

- Khaled.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Qlikview allows only 4 times to open the file created by other user.  Whenever you create a file qlikview internally it stores the User Name and machine name.  When you try to open the file it validates the current user name and machine name with the values stored in the Qlikview file.  If matches it opens the file, otherwise it show this error. 

To solve this issue you need to purchase the Developer license.  Then you use open any Qlikview file.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I understand what you say, but I try to open the file with the same machine and the same username.

Normally It should work.

Pierrick

Not applicable
Author

I have tried what you suggest but I have already the correct version, and the problem is still here. I may try to reinstall my QV personnal edition.

Pierrick

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Have you installed qlikview before in that machine?

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

Yes, It is possible, but it should be a personal edition as well. Does it cause any problem ?

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Yes if you didn't uninstall the previous one properly then it will cause problems.

Try uninstall and then install it again.

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have just done it but I still have the same problem.

Pierrick

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I think even you uninstall it won't work.  I think it stores the details in Registry. 

Regards,

Jagan.