Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview and Google analytics

Hi everybody,

I have a question. I am getting data from google analytics API and call the api with the limit dimensions and metrics.

My problem starts when i try to create the datamodel in qlikview because there is not a primary key and the date+hour is not possible.

Does anybody a solution with QlikView and Google analytics?

Thank you very much.

13 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi,

we have a full featured commercial Web Analytics solution based on the QVSource connector. It shows the metrics for 11 dimensions (7 is the GA limit).

http://twitpic.com/8cb1o1/full

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Please provide your test qvw.

Not applicable
Author

Thank You very much,

How does qvsource works to create a PK in QlikView datamodel?

We are using GoogleAnalyticsClient.jar

Any idea?

Best regards

rbecher
MVP
MVP

QVSource doesn't create a PK... You have to work it out on your own.

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ralf,

So there is another way to do it, and make drilldown throught the data in qlikview.

The point is when we need to show the returning visitor and new visitor from the differntes perspective by date.

Thank you for your help.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

I don't really know what is your problem. Can you post an example. Then I can help, maybe..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Of course,

I will try to explain.

We need to show all the info of GA in qlikview mode.

If we wanto to show all the GA info we are going to get some differents tables. We cant call the api with all the dimensions because there is a limit as you know. Each table has important info, and all the info should provide to the user returning and new visitors(visitor type) sum or total. For each call of the api, the dimension visitor type provide us different values.

An easy example is when the user want to know returning visitors and new visitors sum by the differents dimensions GA provide us.  for example, for a date we are selecting by one country, source, final url, and others dimensions, to navigate througth the information in qlikview document. , the returning and new visitors sum more records when i select the country and final url for example.

I dont know if the solution is create a big table, with other small tables for helping the main table. Our problem is the sum of visitors by date and others fields selected.

Is difficult to explain the issue, i hope you can understand me.

regards

rbecher
MVP
MVP

How we did it:

All values of dimensions and metrics are loaded into one table. So, this prevents the problem you have with different aggregation results using different tables because of different dimensionality and/or granularity.

But in this way, as you also mentioned, it is not possible to use all data GA is providing. First you have to choose what is important or relevant.

In the next step you can think about how to bring everything together in one table using the same dimensionality and granularity

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Thank very much Ralf.