Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calendar Object Year field

Hi

I created a calendar object and the Year field as attached in Figure cannot be seen correctly. Any idea which settings I have to do?CalendarProb.png

Thanks

Sravan

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I cant Imagine, there is no answer for this...

swuehl
MVP
MVP

No idea, I think QV never tested the software with more than eight years of data

You could maybe use some custom calendar object like John suggested here:

http://community.qlik.com/message/185620

, but I agree that the original standard object should work properly anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sravan,

I'm wondering how you created this font in drop-down...  It workd fine for me, no matter what font I use for the date presentation, it looks quite normal in the drop-down, always the same regardless font.

What is your QV version?

Regards,

Michael

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Michael,

I can see this problem in the latest QV11 version (11.0.11154.0) :

Calendartest.png

Font settings in the calendar object properties do not seem to affect the grey calendar object (with the date fields and year / month selection).

Using a QV10 version, the year drop down in the object looked ok.

Regards,

Stefan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Stefan.  Will wait for a fix...

johnpaul
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

This is a bit weird.

My .qvw file was created with version 10 and the calendar object looks OK in version 11:

calendar_OK.png

But for a calendar which was created in the version 11 document from scratch or copied from the above one:

calendar_Not_OK.png

Oh, I just discovered that the problem seems to be related to the number of dates.

If you have too many dates, then the vertical scroll bar appears and makes the date hard to read.
I modified the date test file which Stefan attached. and changed the load script:

LOAD

date(makedate(1999)+recno()-1) as Date

AutoGenerate 3800;

the result was:

calendar_OK2.png

Not applicable
Author

I am also having same problem...Using QV11

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

I just tried to repeat the issue using QV11 SR2 and did not run into the issue.  It looks like it has been fixed.  Also, don't forget that the calendar object will look slightly differnt in AJAX.  My experience is using list boxes for Month and Year is more effective.  If you want to allow users to pick date ranges then you may want to setup a from - to selection.