Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Select month and charts reflect the weeks

I would like to have an option for a month and 5 charts would change to reflect the 1-5 week of that month.  The end picture is to show a month of statistics with totals per week.  How can i best accomplish this?  Should I set a bookmark for each of the charts that would be a specific week?

Thanks,

Kristy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Kristy,

you could probably just add a week field to your dates in your table, containing the date of the weekstart of that date. Then you could limit the values in each chart with a set expression to one of the weeks in that month, like

=sum({<MonthName=, WeekStart={'$(=weekstart(min(WeekStart)+7))'}>}Value)

for the scond week in a month, after you selected a month in field MonthName.

An open issue which weeks you want to show, since weeks don't really align with months.

In my attached sample, I just show all week, that have any day of the week in the selected month.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

View solution in original post

1 Reply
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Kristy,

you could probably just add a week field to your dates in your table, containing the date of the weekstart of that date. Then you could limit the values in each chart with a set expression to one of the weeks in that month, like

=sum({<MonthName=, WeekStart={'$(=weekstart(min(WeekStart)+7))'}>}Value)

for the scond week in a month, after you selected a month in field MonthName.

An open issue which weeks you want to show, since weeks don't really align with months.

In my attached sample, I just show all week, that have any day of the week in the selected month.

Hope this helps,

Stefan