Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Clients using QlikView and Cerner

All,

Curious if any of you are using QlikView on top of Cerner. If so is it pulling from PowerInsight?

Thanks,

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Matt,

We are using QlikView with Cerner data but via our data warehouse which takes monthly and some daily extracts. We do not have PowerInsight but use Cognos to report off of the re-modeled Cerner data.

Beth

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Matt,

We are using QlikView with Cerner data but via our data warehouse which takes monthly and some daily extracts. We do not have PowerInsight but use Cognos to report off of the re-modeled Cerner data.

Beth

Not applicable
Author

Beth,

Thanks for the information - a couple of follow-up questions if you dont mind my asking.

- How are you handling getting the data from Cerner's hosted datacenter into your warehouse? Exports? Is it automated?

- Where does QlikView fit in with the warehouse and Cognos?

If it would be easier to have a quick chat let me know,

matt

Not applicable
Author

Matt,

We have extracts that our DBA runs and schedules against the oracle tables depending on the type of extract-- I'm sure with strict regulations from Cerner (we are hosted). We are new to QlikView so we are/will be using it in situations where the capabilities of a Cognos report would be exceeded for logic and ease of display (heavy analysis apps, dashboarding). If you would like more info, send me an email beth.lindholmATchildrensmn.org

Beth

Not applicable
Author

Beth,

Thanks for the quick response and information. If other questions arise I will not hesitate to reach out.

thanks again,

matt