3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 8:16 AM by Friedrich Hofmann RSS

QlikView 11 Tutorial

I installed QlikView 11 for x86, and after launching it, it gave a link to "Download Tutorial" which takes me to the website.  I filtered downloads and installed QlikView_DocumentationAndTutorial_Complete_Setup.exe.  This installs 11 PDF files, each in a different language.  But I do not see a tutorial.  Did it perhaps install it somewhere that I am missing?

I appreciate any help, thanks

Brian

• QlikView 11 Tutorial
          Jakob Fabian

The files are installed under C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ if you you did not change the path during the installation.

The tutorial should then be located at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikView Tutorial\English (Depending on what lanugage you're looking for..

If you want this in a different location you can try removing the tutorial and documentation with you installer.

Then do an advanced installation. This will actually lety you specify the path.

Regards, Jakob

• QlikView 11 Tutorial

Thanks for the help!

• Re: QlikView 11 Tutorial
                  Friedrich Hofmann

Hi there,

I am completely new to the QlikView world, too. I have for some years done things that would nowadays be called "BI", but using other tools. I have spent some days searching for the best place to start learning, the Website isn't awfully helpful here since the link "Tutorial" in the Personal_Edition does not lead directly to the Tutorial and the download for a Tutorial is somewhat well hidden. Well, I found it now.

QlikView seems to be quite an impressive tool - I will get some on-site training here next month, but I want to learn as much as I can before that. We have a rather large number of Crystal_Reports here, some of which at least should in the medium run be ported to QlikView. From what I have gathered so far, one QlikView_application holding a specified set of data could be sufficient to replace a number of reports (or rather, to produce a number of pieces_of_information since the need with most of the staff is for one specific piece of information.

Talk to you soon,

DataNibbler

P.S.: O_O - can it be that after searching for this Tutorial, it is nothing else but the reference_manual that I already have? That is not so awfully helpful in learning, just judging by its size, it's more suited for - well, referral. Isn't there something like a - well, a tutorial?

Message was edited by: datanibbler

P.P.S.: The reference_manual - the one I downloaded as "Tutorial" - also mentions this "tutorial" ;-) - but it seems that is a circle that leads nowhere - I have downloaded the correct file, so downloading it again won't change matters, but I cannot see that there is anything else in that file but the 1000page-manual...