You could use a macro that is triggered by a selection on the field that contain a msgbox() with more detail, but I think the best way is to create a action that is triggered to show the detail whenever a value in the listbox is selected. The action changes a variable based on the selection count of the listbox. If the variable is set to 1 the detail is shown and if the variable is set to 0 the detail is hidden. I've attached an example.
trigger_selection.qvw 239.0 K
1. Go to Settings -> Document Settings
2. Select Trigger tab
3. In the Field Event Triggers window, select the field that the user will select to activate the "pop-up"
4. Click the Add Action button under the OnSelect label
5. Click Add
6. Select Action Type External
7. Select the action Set Variable
8. Click OK
9. In the Variable field enter in the name of the variable you created
10. In the Value field enter a formula like the following: =if(GetSelectedCount(Customer)=1,1,0)
11. Click OK
12. Click OK
The variable should be entered in the Conditional field in the Layout tab of the object you want to appear and disappear.
Give it a test by selecting one of the values in the list.