Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add a pop-up window

Hi,

How do I add a pop up window when a certain value (from a list box) is selected?  For example, I have a list of names, and I would like a multibox with more information about the name to pop-up when a certain name is selected.  I tried adding conditional statements and triggers, but it is not working.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

1. Go to Settings -> Document Settings

2. Select Trigger tab

3. In the Field Event Triggers window, select the field that the user will select to activate the "pop-up"

4. Click the Add Action button under the OnSelect label

5. Click Add

6. Select Action Type External

7. Select the action Set Variable

8. Click OK

9. In the Variable field enter in the name of the variable you created

10. In the Value field enter a formula like the following: =if(GetSelectedCount(Customer)=1,1,0)

11. Click OK

12. Click OK

The variable should be entered in the Conditional field in the Layout tab of the object you want to appear and disappear. 

Give it a test by selecting one of the values in the list.

Karl

View solution in original post

7 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You could use a macro that is triggered by a selection on the field that contain a msgbox() with more detail, but I think the best way is to create a action that is triggered to show the detail whenever a value in the listbox is selected.  The action changes a variable based on the selection count of the listbox.  If the variable is set to 1 the detail is shown and if the variable is set to 0 the detail is hidden.  I've attached an example.

Karl

Not applicable
Author

Can you go through step-by-step how to create this action? I have created a variable based on the attached example, but I do not know how to assign the variable to a value.

Thanks

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

1. Go to Settings -> Document Settings

2. Select Trigger tab

3. In the Field Event Triggers window, select the field that the user will select to activate the "pop-up"

4. Click the Add Action button under the OnSelect label

5. Click Add

6. Select Action Type External

7. Select the action Set Variable

8. Click OK

9. In the Variable field enter in the name of the variable you created

10. In the Value field enter a formula like the following: =if(GetSelectedCount(Customer)=1,1,0)

11. Click OK

12. Click OK

The variable should be entered in the Conditional field in the Layout tab of the object you want to appear and disappear. 

Give it a test by selecting one of the values in the list.

Karl

andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Karl is it possible to do a similar thing but based on mouse position? What I want is for the date filter panels to appear only when the mouse is at a certain coordinates, basically, like the left menu of this community, the look, share on facebook, twitter, favorite, email menu.

Thanks in advance!

Not applicable
Author

Andre, did you manage to resolve this issue? This is something I would like to be able to do also.

Regards

Jim

andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Sorry Jim but couldn't find an answer.

Regards,

André

Not applicable
Author

Ok, thanks Andre.

Jim