Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selections

Hi

I have an expression that matchies two table and I want it to return only the matching rows, but at the moment it is returning even those that are not matching, can anyone please help?

Please see the attachment for clarity, I want Data in the Color Coding Table to look the same as in the Total amount, with out changing the tables

Regards

Edzi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

But they are not shown! Have you checked the application I posted?! Here it is again

View solution in original post

10 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Here you go. I hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

Hi there

Thanks for the reply, it looks ok, but I dont want the colour coding to change in the process of grouping the data, The first too rows has to be Red since they dont meet the condition of my if statement in the TotalAmount expression background colour.

Im not sure how to exclude the values that are not matching on my if statement so that they dont get returned on the table.

Regards

Edzi

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

that's because I changed the formulas in the expression.

go to the table properties, Expressions, and paste this in the Background Color for "Total Amount"

=if((TotalAmount=600) or (TotalAmount=400),red(),Green())

Cheers!

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I cant use that expression since I will be hard coding the values of the TotalAmount, The expression that I used allows the values of the Total amount to change since they will need to be updated at times!!

its just that when I use that expression that I have used I am now strugling to group the data like in Total Amount table, whit the colours not changing.

Regards

Edzi

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I don't get it. Canyou please tell me what colors you need under what conditions? You can go the the expression and change it your self also

Not applicable
Author

Please see the attached files for clarity,

I have two excel files(Colour and Benchmark), The Colour excel file has Names and Amounts and The Benchmark have names and Benchmarks.

So in my colour coding Table on the Qlikview file, I calculated the TotalAmount of each person.

So to do the colouring, I am compering If Name in the Colour excel file match with BenchmarkName in the Benchmark excel file, and again check if TotalAmount I calculated is less than Benchmark in the benchmark excel file, the assign Red if TotalAmount is less or Green if TotalAmount is more than Benchmark, using this Expression: IF((xName = xBenchmarkName) and (TotalAmount < xBenchmark), Red(), Green())

So what I need is the way to exclude the columns where the Name and BechmarkName do not match and only return back the columns where they match in my table. The Total Amount table in qlikview file is just an example of how I want the Colour code table to look like.

Regards

Edzi

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

IT's the same. Use:

=if((TotalAmount<xBenchmark),red(),Green())

Not applicable
Author

Yes The expressions to match tha names and to check if TotalAmount is less than Benchmark are ok, but I want the columns that the names doesnt match not to be shown on my table.

Regards

Edzi

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

But they are not shown! Have you checked the application I posted?! Here it is again