Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alfredlee
Contributor III
Contributor III

server reload failed after migration from v10 to v11

Dear Experts,

I have 3 files migrated from the old v10 server to the new v11 server.

2 of them were loading ok but the last one failed.

i tried to open it from the v11 client and reload from there, the reload worked fine

i then tried using the management console and reload the task again, it failed instantly again.

Could some drop me some clue? Thanks!

Image2.PNG

Regards,

Alfred

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Alfred.

In this case, it's easier to identify the error reading the .log file

In the same folder of the qvw, you should find a .log file with the same name of your qvw.

If it is not there, you need to enable it inside the qvw.

Open your file, go to settings -> Document properties -> General tab -> check generate log file.

Even in the qmc, you can get some details. At the top of your screenshot, on the right, you can click on 'show task details'. It may be some section access problem, etc, but you will get more info in the .log file

Hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

2 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Alfred.

In this case, it's easier to identify the error reading the .log file

In the same folder of the qvw, you should find a .log file with the same name of your qvw.

If it is not there, you need to enable it inside the qvw.

Open your file, go to settings -> Document properties -> General tab -> check generate log file.

Even in the qmc, you can get some details. At the top of your screenshot, on the right, you can click on 'show task details'. It may be some section access problem, etc, but you will get more info in the .log file

Hope this helps,

Erich

alfredlee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks. I got the log file eventually and found the error. Nothing to do with the version upgrade, but some folder security after a server migration.