Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

hierarchy in table

Hi I am trying to implement a requirement where i have to show a hierarchy of sales rep in a table chart.

My requirement is if someone logs in then he will be able to view a summary of people above him and one level below him.

For example:if district sales manager logs in he will see a summary of people above him and details of level below him

Geography                      |                    Sales |

National sales manager    |               12000000|

Regional sales manager   |                   400000|

Districe sales manager    |                     50000|

territory1                         |                       400|

territory2                        |                         500|

if i select territory1 then it should show me the details of territory1 in the following way:

Geography                      |                    Sales |

National sales manager    |               12000000|

Regional sales manager   |                   400000|

Districe sales manager    |                     50000|

territory1                         |                       400|

the user can drill up to go back to the initial view.

how can i implement this?

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

do you have a different column for every level of the hierarchy? (such as columns named National_sales_manager, Regional_sales_manager... Territory and the value of Territory are territory1, territory2 etc).

If yes, you can create a pivot table and put every column in a different column of the pivot table respecting your hierarchy. The pivot will give you the function to drill up or down.

Now if you want to hide the descendants (for example if you select a sales manager and you don't want to see the territory) you need to play with the "enable condictional" function (on dimension tab of properties)

Regards,

Daniele