Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill Down Group (till hours) on Timestamp field

Hello,

i have a field that is of type Timestamp.

I  was trying to create a drill down group based on my Timestamp field.

these are the expressions that i used to create the heirarchy.

year(<Timestamp>)

quarter(<Timestamp>)

month(<Timestamp>)

day(<Timestamp>)

hour(<Timestamp>)

but the problem is that when i use this hierarchy in a graph., the drill down is working fine till the day.  so year --> quarter --> month --> day is fine.

when I further drill down from Day to Hour, the values for the hour is not the "hours of the day"  but rather the hours aggr across the year.

it seems that the hour --> minutes --> seconds hierarchy is calculated just based on the "time" part  and does not factor in the year-month-day .

I havent been able to find any discussions related to someone creating a drill down hierarchy till hours or minutes or seconds.

Has anyone tried and if it is possible could you let me know how?

3 Replies
dagrun
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did you solve this?

juliediane56
Contributor II
Contributor II

You should be able to build your own custom hierarchy. Basically, create custom columns for Year, Month, Day, Hour, and Minute and then drag and drop them into a hierarchy.

juliediane56
Contributor II
Contributor II

You could create calculate columns against the date field and drop that into the axis under the year/mo/day fields. They would look something like Hour = TIME VALUE(Table[datetime_field]) Minute = MINUTE(Table[datetime_field]) Set Axis values as Year Quarter Month Day Hour Minute Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG