Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to specify key field in load statement

Hello,

Is it possibile to specify the key field in the load statement of the table?

I don't want that Qlikview automatically set the key fields for the table loaded in the script

Regards

Oronzo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Not as such no, QlikView considers a field named exactly the same in 2 or more tables to be a key. This is because of how QlikView's underlying engine stores data. You can used the Qualify statement to make all fields unique and then the Unqualify statement to specify the fields you want to make a key. You still need to make sure its named the same in both tables though.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The keys will be set by puting the same field name on 2 tables. Ex:

Table1:

LOAD fieldA, field1 from table;

inner join (Table1):

LOAD field2 as fieldA, field3 from table;

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

so if I have 2 table with same field I cannot specify the key field for one of this table?

Regards

Oronzo

Not applicable
Author

Qlikview use just the name of the field for linking. When ever you want the fields to be linked use the same field name , other wise use seperate field names.  As  qlikuser14 illustrated you can use 'AS' keyword to alter the field name.

Not applicable
Author

Not as such no, QlikView considers a field named exactly the same in 2 or more tables to be a key. This is because of how QlikView's underlying engine stores data. You can used the Qualify statement to make all fields unique and then the Unqualify statement to specify the fields you want to make a key. You still need to make sure its named the same in both tables though.