1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 4, 2012 9:51 AM by Hatus Peters RSS

Macro, Copy chart to clipboard doesn't work!

Hey all,

I have a problem with the code "copybitmaptoclipboard". If i want to copy a chart to my clipboard it just takes the previous copy (not a chart, that's a table).

As you can see I used a for loop to itterate trough my arrays from objectID's, Object positions and excel sheets.

So my question is, how I can copy the chart and paste it in my excel sheet and it doesn't paste the last copied table?

Content array's:

ArrayObjectPos: ("A1","B6")

ArrayObjectID: ("TB23","CH125")

ArrayObjectSheet: (1,2)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ArrayObjectPos = Split(Macro_Table.GetCell(row+1,13).text,",") 'array with positions of the tables and charts (in order)

ArrayObjectID = Split(Macro_Table.GetCell(row+1,12).text,",") 'array with the object id's from the dashboard

ArrayObjectSheet = Split(Macro_Table.GetCell(row+1,14).text,",") 'array with worksheets in excel

counter = 0

'Paste tables and charts in excel sheets

for each x in ArrayObjectID 'loop trough every objectID

for i = 0 to ActiveDocument.NoOfSheets - 1 'loop trough every sheet in my qlikview file

ActiveDocument.GetSheet(i).Activate

if not isnull(ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(x)) then 'Check if the object x is on the active sheet

if left(x,1) = "T" then 'Check if it is a table object

set ExcelSheet = ExcelDocument.Worksheets(Cint(ArrayObjectSheet(counter)))

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(x).CopyTableToClipboard(True)

ExcelSheet.Paste ExcelSheet.Range(ArrayObjectPos(counter))

else

set ExcelSheet = ExcelDocument.Worksheets(Cint(ArrayObjectSheet(counter)))

'ActiveDocument.GetApplication.Waitforidle 500 'THIS DOESN'T WORK, don't know if this is the problem?

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(x).CopyBitmapToClipboard()

end if

exit for 'exit loop to get next objectid

end if

next

counter = counter + 1

next

I searched a long time to find a solution and probably it is a simple solution , but I didn't found it yet

Thanks

• Re: Macro, Copy chart to clipboard doesn't work!
          Hatus Peters

Hello quintenl

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle doesn't need the parameter 500, its not kinda Sleep() method.

It waits until the last group of commands to an object are done!

Actually it should be like bellow:

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(x).GetSheet().Activate()

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(x).CopyBitmapToClipboard()

Hope it works for you

Regards