Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What are those arrows (circular or straight) in Dimensions?

Hi guys,  i just downloaded some examples from the Qlik View website and i saw that in some charts there are some Dimensions marked with a golden arrow, either straight pointing down or circular. What is that and what is the purpose. Sorry for asking but it is difficult to find that in the help file if I don´t know what to look for 🙂  regards Jan

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Also there is a key symbol. What is that for?

Not applicable
Author

These are referencing field groups. The circular is cyclic and the straight arrow is drill down.

Not applicable
Author

Key Symbol means this field is used to link tables together, or that it exists in more than one table.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Those are groups. Circular icon means cyclic group, the straight arrow means drill-down group. These groups are just groups of fields (or expressions that return a list of values as a calculated dimension) to make charts more powerful. You can see all of them and modify them in the Settings menu, Document Properties, Groups tab.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hello,

these dimensions are clustered in groups.

A circular is a group where you can change the dimension (eg from customer to artikel) with no selections.

A straight pointing down is a drill down group with selection the next level when selected one value (eg year -> quartal-> month -> week) with selecting the value.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick response. (Pretty hidden that function 🙂  That means that I can create those dimensions on my own?  Still I did not get that "Key symbol". What is the purpose and how to create that?

Not applicable
Author

The key field is created when more than one table contains the same field name. It is showing that this field is actually displaying information from more than one table. If you look at the table view these fields are what connect the tables together.