4 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 4:50 AM by Bin Xue RSS

table- combining dimensions

Sonika Jain

Hi all,

Please help me in implementing a table where there are 10 rows, 9 of which are pulled from the database, and remianing 1 has to be generated synthetically. This additional row has a different calculation than the rest of the rows.

Please help me in achieving this.

Thanks,

Sonika Jain

• table- combining dimensions
          Ferran Garcia Pagans

Hi Sonika,

As long as I've understod, you have only one dimension, nine rows are coming from a database and the last row comes from another source.

I would create a table in the data model with 9 rows coming from a database and I would ad a new row to the table.

I've writed an small example:

0- The data:

I've write an excel file with 2 columns 'dimension' and 'value'. The excel has 9 rows.

1- The script.

1.1- Load nine rows from an excel file.

LOAD dimension,

value

FROM

Book1.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

1.2- Add an additional row.

LOAD * INLINE [

dimension, value

10, 10

];

The 2 tables has exactly the same fields and QlikView will create only one table with 10 rows.

2- Visualization, the table.

Now you have a table with 9 rows coming from an excel file and a row loaded inline. To finish this eample you need an expresion for the first 9 row and a diferent expresion for the last row.

I used this expression.

if(RowNo()<=9 and RowNo()>=1, sum(value), value*34)

Now I've a table (graph) with 2 columns and 10 rows. In the dimension 9 rows comes from the excel and the last one is generated in the script. In the values you have an expression for the 9 rows comming from the excel and a different expression for the last one.

• table- combining dimensions

Hi Sonika,

Can you give a more detailed scenario if the above comment doesn't solve the problem? We don't really get what you want. It is too general.