5 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2012 10:44 AM by Koen Snijders RSS

Set Analysis sub query

Hi,

I'm trying to solve a subquery case in the front end of QlikView.

I've a table with:

animal_ID

Lever_code

session_date

session_ID

Value

I have a straight table that displays this table  but I want a extra field/expression that also give me the value of the max(session_date) where the session_date < session_date (of the record) and the Lever_code ='RR'.  

Can someone solve this case in set analysis?

Thx for helping!

br,

Koen

• Set Analysis sub query
          Sunil Chauhan

may be you require below code

sum({<session_date={"<=$(Max(session_date))"}, Lever_code ={'RR'} >} Value)

hope this helps

• Set Analysis sub query

thx for your reply but that's not the solution for my case.

the session date of the sub query should be the max (session date) of a set of data that gives me all the session dates that are smaller then the record session date and have a Lever_code = 'RR'

session_date < record_session_date and has Lever_code={'RR'} --> from this set of session_dates I need the value of the max(session_date)

I'm not sure it's possible with set analysis, maybe I need to load an extra island table (to compare the fields)

• Re: Set Analysis sub query
                Jonathan Dienst

Koen

Not sure what you mean with the first condition. What are you comparing session_date with? Is session_date a dimension and you are comparing with that dimension?

If that is the case, I think you might need an island table to get the results you are after. I suggest that you post your model, or a sample.

Regards

Jonathan

Edit -- missed your second post