Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guyvermeiren
Creator
Creator

Chart stacked with 2 dimensions

Hello,

Here's is adifficult one:

I have a pivot table where I have 2 dimensions (Category and Month) an 3 expressions. Data is in enclosure.

Now I want to create a graph where I have Month on the axis an the values for Category stacked (total = 100%).

Any idea anyone ??

Thanks in advance

Kind regards,

Guy

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a stacked bar chart using Month and Category as dimensions. For each expression, be sure to include TOTAL <Month> in the aggregation. This will produce 100% for each month. I do not believe you will be able to cluster the 3 expressions with a stacked dimension, but possibly with a 3-D bar(?) At a minimum you can cycle the expressions.
-Phil

guyvermeiren
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the idea Phil.

I already did this but I'm getting the wrong result (see enclosure).

My graph is cumulating the percentages by Category / Month (= sum of the different percentages for the differnet figures). In my result that I added you can see what I mean.

Category and Figures (Revenue/Budget) have to switch from axis, but the question is how ??

Kind regards,

Guy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, you have to either disable 2 of the expressions or group all expressions together. Since you are displaying 3 expressions, the total for each month will add to 300%. When you display one expression at a time, the total will be 100%.
As an alternative, I created an example for you (attached) using trellis. I don't think you can stack it, but it will provide the correct results within each month.
-Phil