Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Firefox & Chrome: Print Report toolbar or Action button

Dear

Does anyone if there is a way to get the print report menu appearing in Firefox or Chrome?

As an alternative, is there a way to make the Action button (Print Report) working on a web version for Firefox and Chrome.

thanks a lot for your feedback.

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi and welcome to the QlikCommunity,

What version of QlikView are you running on the Server? Did you try selecting the report from the "Select Report" drop down list in the toolbar? Are you allowing popup windows from the QlikView Server?

I've just checked with both Chrome and Firefox running Server 11 build 11282 and both allow me to print reports just fine.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

In fact I think I reported uncorrectly the issue. The problem we are facing is that outside IE, the toolbar displayed in Firefox or Chrome is grey and is not showing the Menu button that allows to print Sheet in PDF. We are not using reports to do that since I did not understand how to do.

So regarding that aspect, we find some difficulties to correct bugs in IE 8 & 9 because some users where not having the right toolbar. Now we fix by installing the qvpluginsetup.exe. But he has to be done one by one for each individual. We still are looking for fiwing Firefox/Chrome issue.

If you can help it will be very helpfull.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Plugin toolbar has indeed more options (like the Menu) that the Ajax does not, but this is not a bug, it's just that the Menu works only in Internet Explorer (options like zooming will not work in Ajax clients).

What I'd do is to either create myself reports and let the users print them or allow users collaboration (if your license let you) so they can create their own objects and reports, and print them.

Exporting or printing as you do with the IE Plugin is not available in Ajax.

On the other hand, you can distribute the MSI package of QlikView Plugin to be silently installed by group policies when the user logs on Windows. Ask your partner or partner manager on further information if you are interested.

Hope that helps.

Miguel