cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Extensions

Hi,

Can someone explain to me how complex extensions are.

I have made a simple extension.

Can you use the full functionality of Javascript, HTML, CSS in extensions.

Is it possible to even create 3D graphs.

Kind Regards

Razak

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Razak,

You can do pretty much everything you can do on the web in a extension.

Together with our JSApi you create your own extension of the qlikview plattform leveraging our data logic but creating your own front end/client side actions.

With that said yes, you can leverage javascript (which is the language you write your extension in), create dynamic html-rendering with css support.

With html5 capable browsers you play around with the new canvas api, there is some examples in the intergration sub-section that should get you started with some 3D graphs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Razak,

You can do pretty much everything you can do on the web in a extension.

Together with our JSApi you create your own extension of the qlikview plattform leveraging our data logic but creating your own front end/client side actions.

With that said yes, you can leverage javascript (which is the language you write your extension in), create dynamic html-rendering with css support.

With html5 capable browsers you play around with the new canvas api, there is some examples in the intergration sub-section that should get you started with some 3D graphs.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

"there is some examples in the intergration sub-section that should get you started with some 3D graphs"

This will be awsome, could you please provide me a link to the section, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

Razak

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Here is an example from Robert Svebeck,

http://community.qlik.com/thread/51105?tstart=0

And you can find the sub-forum at http://community.qlik.com/community/integration-extensions