5 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2012 8:13 AM by Jonathan Dienst RSS

If and set analysis

Mats Hedberg

Hi everyone

I am having problems excluding selections when using if together with a set analysis like this

if(_sys_flag_Dag <> 'Igår',

sum({1<$(sFilterToday)>} [InqueriesCount]),

sum({1<$(sFilterYD)>} [InqueriesCount])

)

Note the 1's that should include all data!

The expression works well if I don't do any selections but when I select something in the app only that selection displays in the graph (the 1's should prevent this). When I run the expressions one by one (removing the if statement) the selections does not affect the expression!

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

/Mats

• If and set analysis
          j i

What's the field you want to exclude? Fro instance, if you want ot exclude the field called "Date" then you should do it like this:

sum({1<Date=,$(sFilterToday)>} [InqueriesCount]),

• Re: If and set analysis
            Miguel Angel Baeyens de Arce

Hi Mats,

What about something like this instead?

sum(if(_sys_flag_Dag <> 'Igår', '{1<$(sFilterToday)>}', '{1<$(sFilterYD)>}') [InqueriesCount]))

You may need to store the whole If() into a variable so it is always evaluated just once and not for each value of the dimension.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Mats Hedberg

Hi Miguel

I have been pondering this a bit and it seems like Qlikview is selecting the data for the if statement and thus overriding the 1 figure in the set analysis.

I do not know if this is solvable and what I will do is to probably make two graphs on top of each other with one expression each and will then swap between these graphs instead.

Many thanks!

/Mats

Jonathan Dienst

Mats

Perhaps the selections are affecting/limiting the value of your field/variable _sys_flag_Dag possibly indirectly?

There is no reason that I am aware of the limits you from putting a set expression in an If statement. I do that frequently.

Regards

Jonathan