Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview error -2147352567 during loadtest

in a Qlikview performance test I did I found that when load (#users) gets higher, quite some pages return a 200 responscode (which is ok) with the following content (which is not ok):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><result><Error>[object Error]</Error><message text="Error Message: Failed to connect | Error Description: Failed to connect | Error Number: -2147352567" /></result>

I found the same message on the internet in another Qlikview test: http://www.scribd.com/srimanta_mukherjee/d/49006689-ASM-Performance-Test-Report

so it seems to be an error that happens more often.

Do you have any idea what is probably the most common cause for this error?

3 Replies
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If the error is happening after while when number of connections increase, check Windows Event logs so you're not reaching any limit on concurrent TCP connections etc.This may be the cause.

Also check if you can make new connections after stopping the test and waiting a while for connections to be released. If you can run a second test and the same happens again you reached the limit of what your current configuration can manage (OS wise) and might need to tweak various TCP settings (depending on OS)

Not applicable
Author

Bjorn, thanks for your reply, unfortunately your solution did not work. It took some time to get an expert from the QV company to help us monitoring during the performance test, and we found out that the delay (thinktime) between actions was too short that caused the connection loss. After adaption the error disappeared. Hope this might help other in the future, when they encounter similar problems.

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thanks for sharing your findings. It will be of great use for others running into similar problems.