11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 11:23 AM by brandon breitling RSS

Can't seem to get set analysis to work

brandon breitling

Hi Community,  I'm trying to get the set anaylis to the count of request id's where 3 fields have selections.  I want the [Tech Name] field to be NA, I want the [Request Data Type] to be created, and I want the [Status] field to be anyhing but "Waiting for Approval" or "Closed".  I've tried it a couple differenet ways but none give me the correct value for some reason.

Way A:

count(

{1<[Request ID]=P({1<[Tech Name] = {"NA"}>})*P({1<[Request Data Type] = {"Created"}>})*E({1<[Status] = {"Waiting for Approval","Closed"}>})

>}

[Request ID]

)

Way B:

count(

{1<[Tech Name] = {'NA'},

[Request Data Type] = {'Created'}

[Status] = {'Waiting for Approval'}

>}

[Request ID]

)

Way C:

count(

{1<[Status] =- {'Closed'}>*<[Request Date Type]={'Created'}>*<[Tech Name] = {'NA'}>}

[Request ID]

)

• Can't seem to get set analysis to work
          Stefan Wühl

Try way D:

Way B:

count(

{1

<[Tech Name] = {'NA'},

[Request Data Type] = {'Created'},                          // added comma to the end

[Status] -= {'Waiting for Approval', 'Closed'}          // using minus equal (AKA exclude) and added  value to element list

>}

[Request ID]

)

• Can't seem to get set analysis to work
              brandon breitling

Sorry I was playing around with the set analysis before I pasted it (thats why there's no comma), but I still have the same issue.  Basically, I need to get a better understanding of set analysis. 

What I want to be able to do is hard code some gauges with values that don't change based on selections. The code below sort of does this but it gives me a value thats double what it should be.  This is because it doesn't just count 

[Request Data Type] even if I add a line like [Request Data Type] =- {'Completed'},  If I comment out the line on [Request Data Type], I still get the same value too.  In a nut shell, is there a sure fire ways to hard code the selections?  Basically I want all values with only the 3 selections that I've described above.  I've tried things line <>*<>*<> the intersection for 3 selections but it hasn't worked yet.

{1

<[Tech Name] = {'NA'},

[Request Data Type] = {'Created'},                       

[Status] -= {'Waiting for Approval', 'Closed'}         

>}

[Request ID]