2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2012 7:54 AM by sm123abc RSS

Expression problem

Hi

I'm new to Qlikview and I'm having trouble with an expression.

I don't have access to change script, but create charts and tables from data generated by a SAP system to show on a webview.
      My problem is I'm trying to add to an existing expression with no luck.

These two expressions show icons in my tables, but I've created a date input box with a variable (ZSD_PIPELINE.ZZRQDT = vCustRQdate)
      and have to add it to all expressions in the table to make it work properly.

IF(ZSD_PIPELINE.cdate_ico = 1,'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/smiley1_g.png','qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/smiley1_y.png')

IF(ZSD_PIPELINE.stock_ico = 1,'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/check_g.png','qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/cross_r.png')

Any help in accomplishing this would be very welcome.

Thanks Sean

• Re: Expression problem

Hi Sean,

What error are you getting? Please elaborate

Thanks

Supriya

• Re: Expression problem

Hi Supriya

Thanks for replying and sorry its taken so long for me to answer.

When I try and add the date variable to the existing expression the existing expression doesn't work, but the date variable does.

(ZSD_PIPELINE.ZZRQDT = vCustRQdate)

Existing expression  

IF(ZSD_PIPELINE.cdate_ico = 1,'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/smiley1_g.png','qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/smiley1_y.png')

Combined

IF((ZSD_PIPELINE.cdate_ico = 1,'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/smiley1_g.png','qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/smiley1_y.png'),(ZSD_PIPELINE.ZZRQDT = vCustRQdate))

Thanks in advance for your help

Sean