1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 12:15 AM by B Aydin RSS

How to trigger a selection ?

Hi,

I have a situation like this.

We have in dashboard, a dropdown called 'Range'. This will have values from 0-10

Internally to qlikview, the table which holds 'Range' field has another column 'StartDate'. That is, each Range value will have a corresponding StartDate.

Another internal table in qlikview (not joined to the first table mentioned) has a date filed named 'DischargeDate'

Now my requirement is, when I select any value in Range (say 5, and say the corresponding StartDate for this is 1-Jun-2012 ), that selection should trigger another selection that would be "DischargeDate greater than or equal to the selected StartDate"

I could implement the requirement, but it takes an extra step now. With my current logic, when Range is selected, I am storing the corresponding StartDate in a variable (vRangeStart). Another button is provided 'Show Data' with action as Select in Field where DischargeDate >=vRangeStart . This works, but as I said, with an extra button click. I want the same selection to be happened along with the selection of Range value.

Can anyone help me to give the same result, avoiding the button click.

Thanks,

Vishnu