Basically you will need to install the Publisher service (QDS) using the QlikView Setup and do a custom install of QDS on the server (node) where the Publisher service is going to be moved to. Also you will need proper Windows Service Account for QlikView on the new server for authentication. After the setup installs the QDS service you will need to make QMC modifications for the new Publisher location.
System --> Setup --> Distribution Services
Either modify the URL or delete the old URL and Add the new URL Click Apply.
If the location of your Souce Documents and/or User Documents change you will need to modify those locations also.
Click the General TAB and modify Source Folders and if necessary Application Data also, Click Apply. If the location was moved all files must be relocated o the new location.
Go to the new server (node) where the Publisher service was instaled and start the QlikView Distribution Service.
Go to Status --> Services and check the QDS status, should be running
Yes, you will need to re-installed all Publisher connectivity to the back-end data sources on the new server.
Global Product Manager-Security and Deployment
QlikTech International AB
150 N Radnor Chester Rd
Radnor PA 19087
QlikTech Ranks in Top 3 in Forbes Fast Tech 25
First perform a backup of the QLikView solution.
You will need proper Windows Service Account for QlikView on the new server for authentication.
Install the QDS (Publisher) service using "Custom Install" to the new server (node), reboot the new server, check to see if the service is started.
COPY (not move) the Source Documents if they need to be relocated to the new server for Publisher. This will leave the current Source Documents folder untouched in case you need to rollback.
Make the changes mentioned before in the QMC.
Install ODBC links for the new server and test.
If you need to rollback since you didn't change anyhting but the QMC all you should need to do is reverse the changes in the QMC.
If your tasks do not migrate correctly you will need to use one of the Power Tools.
1. On the machine, run the Reload Schedule Migration Tool.
2. In the tool, use the button under Step 1 to browse to and select the QVPR folder for your
QlikView Server installation. It is located under:
a. Windows Server 2003/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
b. Windows Server 2008/Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\
3. Check the checkbox at Step 1.
4. In Step 2, change or add Source Document Folders to reflect the new system. Check the
checkbox at Step 2.
5. In Step 3a, return to the Enterprise Management Console (Management Console in
11) and navigate to System > Licenses > QlikView Publisher, and enter your licensing
information for Publisher. Press Apply License. Return to the tool and check the checkbox
at Step 3a.
6. In Step 3b, open the Windows Services management console, stop the QlikView
Management Service. Return to the tool and check the checkbox at Step 3b.
7. In Step 3c, return to the machine and manually copy the affected documents from the
User Documents folders to the Source Documents folders according to the mapping from
Step 2. Check the checkbox at Step 3c.
8. The tool is now ready to migrate the tasks. Check the checkbox at Step 4 and press
Recreate Tasks Now. You will get a message saying that the tasks were
9. In Step 5, open the Windows Services management console, start the QlikView
Management Service. Return to the tool and check the checkbox at Step 5.
10. Verify by returning to the QlikView Enterprise Management Console; Documents >
Source Documents and find your reload tasks on the moved documents.
See PowerTools 1.1 for QlikView on Community