Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

what licence for Sending email from QlikView

Hi,

I am new on QlikView and I have to know what licence and what type (licence server or not) is requiered for sending automatic emails from QV.

Thank you for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I guess you mean sending PDF or QVW reports by email. If this is the case, it's called Publisher License, that is added to a QlikView Server license. That allows you to perform smaller QVW and send them by email. If you want in addition the PDF format for your reports, then it's a different license called PDF Distributor.

However, the best advice you can get is from your sales rep from QlikTech, or your partner manager if you are a partner.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I guess you mean sending PDF or QVW reports by email. If this is the case, it's called Publisher License, that is added to a QlikView Server license. That allows you to perform smaller QVW and send them by email. If you want in addition the PDF format for your reports, then it's a different license called PDF Distributor.

However, the best advice you can get is from your sales rep from QlikTech, or your partner manager if you are a partner.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

thx a lot.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

We need Publisher Licence also to send alerts (when a threshold is exceeded for example) ?

Tkank you

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Miguel for you response. Ok I will open a thread in the Dep Community.

Hi,

Alerts will work when the document is open using Desktop or Plugin, but they will not work in the Server as long as the OnPostReload triggers are not fired in the Server environment. It does not depend on the license of the Server, as far as I know. Anyway, I recommend you to open a new thread in the Deployment community so they can help you on the way Alerts work in Server.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Depending on the actions you are calling from the triggers, you can use Supporting Tasks in the QEMC to open qv.exe (QlikView Desktop) so the alerts will run. But generally speaking if what you are looking for is to notify users by email when their documents have been reloaded and are available, then yes, you need a Publisher license.

Hope that helps.

Miguel