Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Migrate to new server - powertools, Server Object Handler

Hi,

I am trying to migrate a document from a QV10 server (Once was a QV9 server) to a QV 11 server on a new machine.

In trying to migrate the server objects from one to the other, I need to change the username of each objects owner.

I have downloaded powertools v1.1, and have successfully managed to change all objects from QV10Server\John.Smith to QV11Server\John.Smith.  (using one key user as a test to start with)

On logging into accesspoint and accessing the app as John.Smith, I can see their user created sheets have been copied, but without any of the user created charts - the charts are in the repository but not in the locations they once were in the app.

Having opened the .shared file in the Shared File viewer, I can see there are still a lot of objects belonging to QV10Server\John.Smith... These appear to be of types MetaData, DocumentContent and ObjectContent... Do they hold the key to moving these objects?

If so is there a solution to successfully migrating the user and their objects.

To scale this, we have 40 users, about 5 of which are power users with around 900 shared objects in total for one key qvw, with 5 other qvw's, so manual creation of all the objects is not preferable.

Kind regards

Tom

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Which Power Tool have you used other than Shared File Viewer?

siz_mahleka
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Ralph,

The only other power tool Tom has used other than the Shared File Viewer is a power tool called the Server Object Handler which enables listing, ownership changing and deletion of server objects in documents hosted on a QlikView Server remotely. Allows ownership changing to be performed on a selected number of server objects matching a given name pattern.

I work with Tom.

arieidel
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

I suppose that after 2 years you were able to solve this problem. If so, I would like you to share the solution.

Thanks,

Ariel