Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help Needed!!

Hi,

I have created a table in qlikview which gives me the details like number of employees present their average salary etc..The mentioned information in the table is just picked up from the excel sheet. Now i want add these values and show it in the table itself. for example, there are 3 grades, each grade has a certain number of employees and adjacent to it their average salary. Now i want another row in the table which would give the sum of these values..

Can somebody help me with this

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello Tresesco,

Its done...I simply used the aggregation fuction..

Thanks a lot

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hello,

It seems that, what you want is not much complicated. It would be easier to give you the solution help if you can give an excel with sample data and your expected new column view. At this point i think you need to use GROUP BY and aggregation function at the script.

Regards,

tresesco

Not applicable
Author

Here you go..

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I doubt if i have understood it properly. what i understood is very basic. please find the script below and let me know your requirement in bit more details (if not done).

LOAD Grade,

[Head Count Opening],

[ARC Of Existing Population],

[Joiners HC],

[ARC of Joiners],

[Transfer In HC],

[ARC Of Existing Population]+[Joiners HC]+[ARC of Joiners]+[Transfer In HC] as Total

FROM

........................;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I looked at the file you provided. Why not let Qlikview total the field in a chart object using expressions, etc on your fields/dimensions? That way all you'd have to do is load your data, create a chart, and select the appropriate settings which would create its own total row.

I've illustrated what I mean in the qvw file attached.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Tresesco,

Its done...I simply used the aggregation fuction..

Thanks a lot

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for replying.. Ultimately I did what you mentioned here..

Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's great! Please indicate that the discussion is answered. Thank you,