Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

My % Performance Calculation is not accumulating correctly

Hi everyone.

I'm trying in vain to produce a calculation on Sales data as per the following details:

The % performance calculation in the attached QlikView application is not accumulating the way I want it to.  The application shows sample data with Sales values, Target values, a Performance calculation (Sales - Target) and a % Performance calculation (Sales/Target). I have 'Full Accumulation' selected on the first 3 calculations and 'No Accumulation' on the % Performance Calculation. This produces a Daily % Performance value as expected.  However, what I want to do is produce an accumulated % value.  For example, for day 3 the % Performance should be 180/187=96.25%.  It is displaying as 80% (chart 1), which is the % Performance for day 3 with no accumulation.  If I switch on 'Full Accumulation' for the % Performance it displays as 294.35% (chart 2).

Can someone advise me on what calculation I need to use to produce what I am looking for.

Thanks & regards,

Eamonn.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

2 ways:

The easy way - Change the expression Total mode to Average instead of Expression default. This should give you a correct accumulation according to your expectations.

The hard way - Use inter-record functions to calculate the rolling average:

rangeavg(above((Sales/Target),0,Rowno()))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I need to use 'the hardway' you mention above so that I can produce a value on each line, however, the calculation is not working as I need it to.  It is calculating the average for the current line and the lines above but this is not what I need.  What I need is Sales/Target as a % for each individual line, bearing in mind that the Sales and Target values are accumulated.

Any further thoughts?

Thanks,

Eamonn.