Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

After upgrade from QV9 to 11 published documents not in portal

We have upgraded our development server from QV 9 to QV 11.  The original QV9 published documents are visible but cannot be opened; get an error message to say that the file is corrupt. 

We tried to re-publish a document and this successful with a fresh file pushed to the folder with correct windows permissions but this cannot be seen in the Access Portal.

Any suggestions ?

regards

Ian

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

further investigation shows that it is a set of finance documents which cannot be seen yet all other reports are fine. 

I have checked the Windows permissions and even created some test tasks with just "all users" to the default mount but nothing seems to make these documents appear in Acces Portal.  The reports run fine in QV 11 fat client.

If permissions are correct, what else excludes a document from the Access Portal?

Anyone have any suggestions what might be wrong here? 

Not applicable
Author

Ok I have solved the problem with the help of Customer Support.  When looking at the documents, they have no SECTION ACCESS ( designer decision ) and in the fat client, it looks like the reports are in USER mode i.e. tabs like "Server" are hidden.  I opened the source documents in QV9 and saved to the new server then re-opened/re-saved in QV11 and all is now well. 

I have recommended to the designers to add a SECTION ACCESS.

Hope this helps anyone else who hit this issue.

cheers

Ian