cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reloading documents without publisher

Hi guys,

sorry, but I cannot work this out on my own:

We are running QlikView Server 11 without a publisher license.

I can see all the reload functionality on the Document Tab of the QlikView Management Console - but when I setup a task, nothing seems to happen.

The Management Console does show a task for the reload, but the reload never seems to start. There are no log entries either.

I have tried to execute the reload with "Reload now" on the Document tab, but it never finishes - no error message as well though.

I am wondering if I am doing the right thing, as I read in the server/publisher documentation:

7.8 Reload Engine

In the absence of a Publisher license, the Reload Engine provides a subset of the Publisher distribution services. The Reload Engine only reloads user documents and the settings are defined directly in the user documents.

So I tried to setup the reload within the document itsself (not through Management console) - same result - no error message, no action.

Could someone explain to me what the right way to set this up would be? Server or document side?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Regs,

Thomas

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Thomas,

You should be able to enable reloads on the QVW and schedule the task under the User Documents in the QEMC. What version release of version 11 are you on?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill,

I have solved the issue by now - it was the wrong user that was running the services. That prevented the reload tasks to start in the first place.

But anyway, you pointed me into the right direction, thanks!

Regs,

Thomas